Antarctic Pale Ale: Another Use for Icebergs?

A brewery in Australia twice broke the Guinness record for the most expensive beer produced in modern times. The brewery’s secret: Nail Brewing used melted ice from an Antarctic iceberg. According to an article from oneindia News, brewer John Stallwood was looking for new ideas to bring attention to his small operation. His brother-in-law, who works on a ship that sails around Antarctica, took a helicopter crew to an iceberg, dug out some ice, and flew to Tasmania where the ice was melted. Stallwood sold the limited edition Antarctic Pale Ale at an auction to benefit the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society. The ale went for up to $1,850 per bottle. Some 30 bottles of the craft beer were produced.

The oneindia News article drew the attention of Laurel Bacque, who does communications and outreach for the IceCube neutrino observatory project at the South Pole. In her blog she describes the conservation society for her readers, saying its actions have been controversial. The society attempts to stop fishing ships that are hunting whales, sharks, and dolphins.

Icebergs were the theme of a recent issue of Beyond Penguins and Polars. Our columnists see them as a source of freshwater in the ocean, which can raise global sea levels, affect sea circulation patterns, and impact marine ecosystems. You’ll find many resources and amazing photographs for introducing K-5 students to icebergs in this issue – and lots for teachers of all grade levels.

3 thoughts on “Antarctic Pale Ale: Another Use for Icebergs?

1. What exactly genuinely motivated u to compose “Antarctic Pale Ale: Another Use
    for Icebergs? | Middle School Math and Science”? I actuallyreally adored it!
    Many thanks -Jude

2. My programmer is trying to convince me to move to .net from PHP.
    I have always disliked the idea because of the expenses. But
    he’s tryiong none the less. I’ve been using WordPress on various websites for about a year
    and am anxious about switching to another platform.
    I have heard good things about blogengine.net. Is there a way
    I can transfer all my wordpress posts into it? Any kind
    of help would be greatly appreciated!

Also visit my website :: Hungry shark evolution Cheats
    (hungrysharkevolutioncheats.com)

3. whoah this weblog is fantastic i like reading your posts. Keep up the great work!

You realize, many persons are hunting around for this info,
    you could help them greatly.

Feel free to surf to my web site … clash of clans
    cheat (Leslie)